Many drillers have a hard time selecting the best geotechnical drilling tools, specifically the bit. Selecting the right core bit can be a complex decision that must take into account many variables, but often drillers will choose the same core bits as diamond drillers and this can be a mistake.
More and more, manufacturers are developing bits that target specific types of drilling and ground conditions. If you are doing geotechnical or environmental drilling, then you should be considering core bits that address drilling situations found in that kind of drilling. GeoHawk matrices are developed for geotechnical drilling and below are 7 great reasons why they are great drilling tools.
- The GeoHawk matrices are made specifically for geotechnical drilling meaning that they are better adapted to provide the versatility needed to drill through all the types of diverse and difficult ground you will encounter in geotechnical and environmental drilling.
- GeoHawk bits are economical – comparatively speaking, they are more reasonably priced so you get the most bang for your buck.
- The GeoHawk core bits are part of a product family that was developed to cover a wider range of ground.
- GeoHawk products are available in all standard sizes, both metric and imperial.
- The outer and inner diameters of the GeoHawk crown are more resistant to the premature wear that occurs when drilling through fractured ground.
- GeoHawk products are a safe and low-cost choice for drilling in unknown ground conditions instead of a premium bit that may not be suitable and may prematurely wear down.
- Drillers appreciate their ability to drill through landfill material that is often found in urban drill sites.
The technical team at Fordia is always happy to answer questions or provide even more information with an onsite visit.